Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Behavior Bucks and Classroom Auctions

Everyone loves what money can buy! Our students are no exception. Each day, students are “caught doing the right thing”, and they are rewarded with Behavior Bucks! These bucks can be earned by participating in class, giving an exceptional response, exceeding the standard, showing improvement in a specific area, doing something extraordinary, helping someone in need, etc. We love to build great character and strong students by catching our students doing what is right. This year, the Culinary Court teachers will be holding a huge auction every other Wednesday where our students will get to bid for items of their choice. All students who have earned an “A” in Conduct the week of the Auction and the week before the Auction will be able to participate. Students have an “A” if they have two or less infractions for the week. The Auction is an anticipated event and is a highlight in the lives of our students. Our Auction is made possible by the generous donations from our parents. Our students love candy, books, toys, movies, stuffed animals, jewelry, art supplies, music, etc. Anything at all is appreciated by our students, so please keep donating. When your child donates, Behavior Bucks are given in return to say “thanks” for giving.

Students, what are your thoughts on earning Behavior Bucks and participating in auctions this school year?

17 comments:

  1. getting bucks is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! ALADJI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like saving my money until I can be the highest bidder at auction time. Macy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love saving my bucks!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting bucks is my favoret thing to do! I have so much bucks! I can not wait for the next AUCION!!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like spending my behavior bucks whenever i can. abigale;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like saving to get a lot of things not just for me but for early christmas presents for my family members.Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. bucks, my favorite word. i like to buy things for other people (and for me)but mostly for other people ,nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's alot of fun and a good way for kids to do better in school and they get a reward for doing that and I like the auctions because I get to buy stuff for me and my family...Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE MONEY (even if its not real)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love earning bucks auctions and money is awesome!

    ,Chase

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love money i need 1ooo bucks

    _grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bucks! Even last year we had them!(although I wished I was rich!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. bucks are fun to use but if yo do something good do not expect them .
    AUDREY:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Auctions are only on wednesdays that our not on early dismissal.I won a piggy bank for 45 $$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AUDREY :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i alredy have 32 behavoir bucks i am also bringing in 4 items for the auction this wedsday!!!!!! carson

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy for wensday because we have AUCTIONS!!!! I have 117 or more because I have been saving up!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love auctions because you get prizes the teachers pick out for you to bid on with your money(fake) Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Student Chefs, please remember to sign your comment with FIRST NAMES ONLY. Your comments will appear after approval. Thank you!