Friday, September 7, 2012

Reflex!

"Students will demonstrate fluency of multiplication and related division facts with ease"...................that is one of our benchmarks this year in mathematics. This means that students can recall, with automaticity, answers to basic multiplication and division facts (0-12).

The exciting news is that Reflex Math is here- an engaging, online resource tool for our students that builds this fluency in fun, engaging ways. All Culinary Court students already have an account set up- all they have to do is log-on and let the fluency building begin!

After designing their own personal "Avatar" (mini-me), they will participate in a fluency typing test, receive a math mini-lesson, and then engage in timed, fluency building practice with their multiplication and/or division facts. This online program scaffolds to each individual child's needs, offering re-teaching and additional practice with facts often missed by your child until mastery is achieved. This program also offers reward incentives, as students earn coins and points which can be redeemed in the "store" for Avatar "flair"- new hats, sunglasses, jackets, and other cool stuff to keep them motivated. Best of all, your child's teacher can track your child's progress and run reports on how they are progressing.

It is recommended that students participate in Reflex Math fluency building 3-4 times each week. Each session lasts approximately 15-20 minutes. Our students will be logging in and participating in Reflex learning activities while at school, but it would also be helpful if they could spend time learning from this valuable resource at home too.

Students, if you log on to Reflex for at least 20 minutes while at home (evenings, weekends, or holidays), leave a comment and let your math teachers know- your voluntary time spent using this resource will earn you some extra Behavior Bucks (and build your fluency all at the same time)!

Happy Fluency Building!!

29 comments:

  1. I went on to reflex and played all of the games and got a bunch of coins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played on reflex today.
    AUDREY:):):):):):

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reflex I finally got to plant my tree ! YAY !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today i was one reflex for 20+ min. It was awsome I bought 2 new items it really helped thanks Mrs.Phillips!!Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, we were in the store today and I happened to see some multiplication flash cards. I showed my daughter who said "flash cards, mom....really?". I said, "absolutely," and put them in the shopping cart. We finished our shopping, checked out and went to another store. Then, I thought to myself, "Huh, I don't remember paying for any flashcards...!?!" So I turned to my daughter and said, "You didn't take the flash cards out of the shopping cart did you?" She looked at me and smiled with a "cat that ate the mouse kind of grin." I was extremely disappointed until we got to the next store and I FOUND SOME MORE FLASHCARDS!! Plus, they were cheaper!!! This time I kept them in my hand until we checked out. I guess I can't be too mad since she did save me some money!? But, she better watch out because I might just have to sneak and take out some of her favorite cookies from the shopping cart when she least expects it. :) Macy N's Mom - Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i love reflex thanks mr.pinchot carson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for geting reflex for us to play and get ready for a lot of things!!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I plated reflex and i have 93coins
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reflex is so fun
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I played on reflex3 times!!!!!!!
    AUDREY

    ReplyDelete
  11. the math reflex is so cool it helps me be fluent with my multipulcation and my divison and im already up to 123 tokens Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I played reflex and got 93 coins! But spent them all :(
    Caeden

    ReplyDelete
  13. I played on reflex again!!!!!!!
    AUDREW W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I played on reflex 5 times now and I am learning how to type faster too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When I was on reflex I went to the store and bought shorts!!!!!!
    And I got 32 star coins so now I have 84. But sense I bought shorts I droped to82 .
    AUDREY:):):):)):):)::))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reflex is really fun!!!
    AUDREY:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reflexmath gets more easy every time I play it.
    EMYLIE W

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Reflex because i get to learn times tables and divison!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went on reflex7 times now!!!!!
    AUDREY:):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  19. reflex is awesome with Wind rider and ninja to the stars you can get really fluent with division and multiplacation I don't even know how many times I went on REFLEX

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have 358 tokens on REFLEX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bailey has now been on there 2 times. I love this! Its really fun! It is helping me learn my facts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love reflex because I used to be bad but now I am good with them. But I need more work with my division!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  23. on REFLEX I unlocked a new game called quick slitherit is awsome you have to be really fluent with your times tables I am on level 3:):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  24. after my homework I always go on REFLEX

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love math reflex!!!! i just dont get how you play the game Ninga Stars,but i am doing well at fluency! sydni

    ReplyDelete
  26. thank u 4 reflex i know division much better thank u mrs.phillips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :GRACE!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  27. reflex is so fun it really helps me with mulitpulcation and division but more with my division Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
  28. Math reflex was really fun. I went on Ninja into the stars and got all the way up to the stars!
    Sydni.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Refiex is really fun and I'm about to go on reflex thanks Mrs.Phillips:):):):):)!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Student Chefs, please remember to sign your comment with FIRST NAMES ONLY. Your comments will appear after approval. Thank you!