Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reading Partnerships

This year, each of you is lucky enough to have a traveling partner. This traveling partner will journey with you as you venture into books! On Monday, we discussed how it makes a world of difference to have a reading partner. This person will get to know your likes, dislikes, reading habits, and goals. The most important thing to do first is getting to know your partner! We learned how to interview by making eye contact, really listening, and using follow-up questions. During our reading workshop, you and your partner will have the opportunity to meet and discuss your current books. Using post-it notes, we talked about how to make notes in our books so that we have things to bring to the discussion. Here are some photos of Miss Barron's class during their reading partner interviews!






18 comments:

  1. It is time for reading partnership! I will get ready for it and keep on trying your best at reading!!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with my book on my lap everybody was so focused and talking to their partner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember we interviewed our partner on what they liked as a reader . We both like nancy drew!!!!!!!!!!!
    AUDREY:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my partner porsha has an amazing book. It's about a girl who tries to get a better fortune, so she finds a dragon, who helps her to visit the man on the moon, who can give her the better fortune that she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can not believe that you can learn so much about your partner just by having a reading interview Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found some really cool facts about Laniey.
    AUDREY:):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getiing ready to tell adout my book! With my partner
    Love samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geting ready to talk adout my book
    Love samantha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading is the best thing I love to do because I get to learn new words in my book!!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found some cool books for my partner Natile. I can't what to tell her next week of school!!!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lainey likes Egyptian books!!!!!!!
    AUDREY:):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cant wait to tell my partner about the book Im reading called:Dragons Egg.Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to read because you can find out new words and other things that you can name!!!!!! Love Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know my partner really well!!!
    AUDREY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned alot about my partner!!!!!!!!!!
    AUDREY:):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading partner ship because to know your travling boudy much batther frome clark

    ReplyDelete
  17. My book is filling up so many sticky notes!I can not wate to share with my partner Brittin!Onec I started my 5th book Ijust coudn't wate any longer!I love partners,I can share so many exiting ideas!!

    Thank you
    Mss.Barron!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Student Chefs, please remember to sign your comment with FIRST NAMES ONLY. Your comments will appear after approval. Thank you!