Monday, January 14, 2013

Decisive Decimals


Our new focus in Math Workshop is on making sense of decimals. As we are extending understanding of our Base 10 number system, we are learning that decimals are very decisive indeed. Through our visual representations and explorations, we have quickly made connections between decimals and their fraction and percent equivalents. This has enabled us to easily compare decimals. Here are some of the strategies we have been discussing in class on how to do just that:

Convert decimals to fractions with like denominators.

Convert decimals to percents.

Visualize the values. 

11 comments:

  1. My strategy is visualize the values .






    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite strategy is to convert decimals to percents!

    Yuri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can Ihave a challenge converting decimals to percents.


    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to play the in between game.


    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite subject is math.


    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was a little confused on decimals, then I when here ( the blog ) and studied it, now i know them!
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stratigie visulize the values it helps with alot of stuff.



    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I have a challeng with converting decimals to percents and fractions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When we all started talking about decimals I was a little confused then when I did this I more understood decimals more


    I did it two weeks ago-Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visualize The Values help me alot. I always do this strategy all the time! It helps me alot.







    Jordan S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use visualize the values the most in math and I prefer to also

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Student Chefs, please remember to sign your comment with FIRST NAMES ONLY. Your comments will appear after approval. Thank you!