Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Writer's Block

Emylie, from Mrs. Koster's homeroom, must have been struggling with writer's block in her writing last night. So, she wrote about it! Emylie's piece was so creative, that our class wanted to share it with the CCE Culinary Court bloggers.

Here is her piece:

Writer's block is like a land of blank walls. You never know what's behind it, what's next, or even where to start! It's a dark and evil spell cast on many writers all over the world. Just don't let yourself in without an exit.

Avoiding it:

  • finish an unfinished piece
  • always have ideas somewhere to fall back on
  • pick a story and write a sequel
Exits:
  • Take a break!
  • Read a book for inspiration.
  • Draw a picture, then write about it.
Great advice from fellow writer, Emylie!

Writers, how do you avoid writer's block? Give your best advice to stumped writers out there!

3 comments:

  1. I write about my favorite place then add magic to it to make it fiction. Lainey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually just write a poem or whatever pops into my mind right then and there. Abigale 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have writers blocks I write about what comes to mind or I write about the sounds around me. Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Student Chefs, please remember to sign your comment with FIRST NAMES ONLY. Your comments will appear after approval. Thank you!