Sunday, October 28, 2012

Second Nine Weeks Reading Expectations

This week, readers will learn all about their second nine weeks reading expectations.  Mrs. Koster and Mrs. Nash are excited to share this quarter's goals with you all, and we know you will be excited to hear all about them!

In addition to choosing one book from one of our featured authors this quarter (Judy Blume, Andrew Clements, and Ralph Fletcher), students will be reading one fantasy chapter book of their choice.  There are lots of great fantasy books on the current best sellers lists, and tons of great fantasy books that have been around for years.  The remaining 4 books are free choice chapter books!

Students will be allowed to choose from a variety of response options outlined on the reading expectations information sheet.  However, if you have a great idea for a response that you'd like to try, talk with Mrs. Koster or Mrs. Nash about your idea!  We're want to hear your ideas!

Look for more informationi on the Second Nine Weeks Reading Expectations to come home this week, and remember to get your parents to review and sign the information page by Friday, November 2nd!  All responses will be due by January 11th.

Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. I can not wait, to start our second nine weeks reading expectation list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy Blume is one of my favorite authors! I read all her books in elementary school. Who do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey :):):)):):):):):):):):)November 3, 2012 at 7:42 AM

    I have already started my books ,I already finished 2of my books!

    I read, Old Yeller, and There's A Boy In The Girls Bathroom!!!

    AUDREY:):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE READING IT`S SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN I HAVE ALREADY READ THREE BOOKS!


    GRACE:):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Student Chefs, please remember to sign your comment with FIRST NAMES ONLY. Your comments will appear after approval. Thank you!